Where My Love For Writing & Thinking Meet

Revisions, Take 2
February 14, 2017, 1:27 am
Filed under: Uncategorized

I think moving forward I have to start having a critical conversation throughout my work. For the most part, I’ve already made claims, provided evidence, and analyzed. I think I do this well, but I don’t meet the page limit and my feedback leads me to think that there is still a lot of work to be done. To start off this process, I will need to find scholarly sources that speak about dark themes and children’s literature. After I find sources that engage in that conversation, I’m going to have to come up with a way to incorporate it into the argument I am trying to make. I’m a little afraid to do this because I don’t want to over-analyze one scene or sound repetitive. I will tackle this hurdle by looking into possibly diving my paper into headings and/or subheadings. I think this will also help me gain organization in my paper, which will help stitch everything together. So here’s list debriefing everything I need to do (may change overtime):

-Find scholarly sources that discuss children’s literature and dark themes like negative messages, death, etc.

-Tie above into paper

-Consider revising paper into headings and subheadings

-Work on transitions

This is a good list–nicely practical. I think the new critical sources on children’s literature will help you create a context for your argument. They will probably give you some new ideas that help you with your thesis.

After that, organizing by subheadings will help you develop those ideas in a pragmatic way. Go for it!

Jason Tougaw 02.19.17 @ 3:36 pm

I hope the headings/subheadings help with your organization. This will also help you with the transitions you want to work with. If you are afraid of being repetitive ask yourself if you’re adding something new in each paragraph, this could help you avoid that. Once you read new sources you will also realize there are a lot of other possible ideas that you could discuss or challenge. Good luck and I look forward to reading your other draft.

Yazmin Estrada 02.23.17 @ 3:37 am