Where My Love For Writing & Thinking Meet

Reader-Response Theory
March 28, 2017, 5:50 am
Filed under: Uncategorized

So Robert Dale Parker is actually a professor himself. His take on the reader-response theory is very interesting. He argues that people’s different walks of lives cause them to have diverse readings of the same text, but how ultimately there can only be one meaning. I introduced an analogy in class during my presentation, which may have confused some and helped some. So take a spoon for example. When spoons were first discovered, nobody what to do with it. However, the standard became to use it as a utensil. Overtime, spoons have been modified like we have big spoons, small spoons, deep spoons, etc. The purpose of a spoon remains eternal despite the changes. Similarly, this is what Parker argues about reader-response.

Here are some notes and picture from my presentation to help you better understand this theory:

• How an external source defines it: Reader-response criticism is a school of literary theory that focuses on the reader (audience) and their experience of a literary work rather than other school of theories that focus on the author, the content, and/or the form of the work.
  • How Parker defines it: Originally arising excitement in the late 1960s, reader-response theory/criticism speaks to our literary encounter as readers who are intensely aware of ourselves—> our reading of a text is directly to who we are and what we do

[…] USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA Order Steroids USA […]

Buy Steroids USA 01.28.18 @ 9:22 am

visit website

visit website 06.08.20 @ 8:30 am

Personal Life

Personal Life 06.11.21 @ 11:09 am